butterfly picture : some facts & pictures
Butterflies area unit the adult flying stage of sure insects happiness to associate degree order or cluster known as Lepidoptera. Moths conjointly belong to the current cluster. The word “Lepidoptera” suggests that “scaly wings” in Greek. This name utterly suits the insects during this cluster as a result of their wings area unit lined with thousands of little scales overlapping in rows. The scales, that area unit organized in colourful styles distinctive to every species, area unit what provides the butterfly(butterfly picture) its beauty.
Like all alternative insects, butterflies have six legs and 3 main body parts: head, thorax (chest or middle section) and abdomen (tail end). They even have 2 associate degreetennae and an skeletal system.
From butterfly picture both butterflies and moths belong to an equivalent insect cluster known as Lepidoptera. In general, howeverterflies dissent from moths within the following ways: (1) Butterflies typically have clubbed antennae but moths have fuzzy or feathery antennae. (2) Butterflies usually area unit active throughout the daytime whereas most moths area unit active in the dead of night. (3) once a butterfly rests, it’ll do therefore with its wings control upright over its body. Moths, on the opposite hand, rest with their wings detached flat. Butterflies can, however, bask with their wings out-stretched. (4) Butterflies area unit usually a lot of brilliantly coloured than moths, however, this can be not invariably the case. There area unit some terribly colourful moths.
some facts of butterfly picture are given with some question:
1. Did you recognize from butterfly picture that butterflies want the heat of the sun to modify them to fly?
Butterflies area unit cold-blooded and can not fly if the temperature is below fifty degrees.
2. reality or Fiction? you may kill a butterfly if you bit its wings?
Fiction, you may not hurt a butterfly if you bit it, though you would possibly wear off a number of the colour of its wings that are literally miniature scales.
3. There area unit some species of butterflies just like the four-footed butterfly that really like feeding on decomposition fruit and animal dung!
4. Milkweed, the host plant for the milkweed butterfly conjointly called “Pleurisy Root” is additionally used for medicative functions. it’s wont to treat chest conjestion and pains, dysentry and bronchial asthma. though it’s medicative purpose, don’t use to treat medical issues while not initial consulting your doctor.
5.from butterfly picture , butterflies eject a red liquid that is usually mistaken for blood once essentially it’s really stool, “pupal fluid” that is not blood in any respect. it’s created of waste matter that’s created throughout the immature stage.
6. Butterflies “taste” with their feet! From butterfly picture butterfly feet are literally little receptors which permit them to “taste” the food that they’re standing on.
7. True or False? each male and feminine swallowtails have the “puddling” behavior?
False, solely the males of the species gather around mud puddles to sip the nutrients from the mud.
8. have you ever ever seen a small white butterfly picture flapping concerning your vegetable garden?
likelihood is it’s associate degree adult cabbage white butterfly depositing eggs on your cabbage or vegetables within the cabbage family. The caterpillar of the cabbage white is velvety and simply the proper shade of inexperienced to mix in utterly with the cabbage leaves.
9. reality or Fiction of butterfly picture? Birds suppose that monarchs area unit a tasty treat?
Fiction, once a bird has devoured a monarch it’s definately a reminder to not eat another one, for the milkweed that the monarch grub as a caterpillar incorporates a cyanogenetic result once the butterfly is eaten.
10. True or false? caterpillars have bones of butterfly picture?
False, caterpillars don’t have bones, they need over one,000 muscles during which they use to maneuver from place to put and that they will move at a awfully fast pace. For if you discover a caterpillar and place him during a selected place, before you recognize it , he can have crawled out of sight.